New logo for site?

Developer
May 15, 2010 at 3:50 AM

A while ago someone assigned creating a new logo to me. Is that something we really want to pursue? If so, do we need to run it by the managers of Sac.Net?

I don't mind working on a logo, but I don't want to spend time doing something if it's not really wanted. Eric suggested posting it to the group to see if it is something that needs to be considered.

MH

Coordinator
May 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Yes, the existing logo looks very dated and it would be great if you could propose a redesigned logo. The current site owner seems to be fairly open, so I wouldn't worry too much about him rejecting it. I'm very satisfied with the overall site design you contributed, and I'm looking forward to seeing a new logo.
Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Just so it's in writing, I would prefer a new logo as well.

Developer
May 18, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Ok, I'll start to work on it. I just wanted to make sure it was ok with the powers that be. MH
Developer
Jun 9, 2010 at 6:02 AM

So here's a first stab at a logo. I went with the idea that we wanted to still kind of tie it in to the Microsoft.Net logo. I know it's kind of simple, but so is the .Net logo.

Hopefully, you will also notice that the logo also spells out A .net User Group (in the blue and black). At least, that's the idea.

Still can't figure out how to post stuff so I just made a link. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.mh2media.com/temp/sacNetLogo.jpg

MH